While this deviation is not a piece of art, or even an art tutorial, it will teach you how to revive one of your fondest childhood memories. The games that have been affected by save batteries that have reached their limits have inspired countless works of art, and have touched many lives. Bring these games back to life by performing this simple fix. (DISCLAIMER: Everything you had in previous save files that have gone missing are erased the second the battery dies. Installing a new battery will not retrieve the lost information/ Pokémon. Sorry, guys. :/ )
1. What you'll need:
-Sharp object (Ii used the point of my old compass) to get out the screw
-Flat object ( I used a flathead screwdriver)
-A 3 volt battery
2. First, remove the screw from the back of the cartridge. Push on the indents hard in a counter-clockwise motion with the sharp object. It's difficult, but once the screw starts to move you're set.
3. Remove the game from the cartridge.
4. Pry the first piece of metal off the battery with the flat object. Removing these pieces is the most difficult part; if the pieces break you'll need to solder them back on.
5. Move the top piece of metal off the battery.
6. Begin prying the bottom metal piece from the battery using the same method used to remove the first.
7. Remove the old battery.
8. Tear the plastic ring that is around the battery, but be careful and keep it in one piece to place around the new battery.
9. Remove the battery from the ring.
10. Wrap the ring around the replacement battery.
11. Place the new battery on top of the bottom piece of metal SHINY SIDE DOWN.
12. Place the top piece of metal over the battery.
13. Secure the battery with electrical tape.
14. Place the game in the cartridge.
15. Start a new game.
17. If you have the CONTINUE option in your menu, you have successfully repaired your game. I hope this helps, good luck